Team Leader of Internal Audit, Sr Auditor
Company: Paycom Careers
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Working as a trusted, independent advisor with management, the
successful candidate will know how to apply risk and control
concepts to scenarios encountered, while identifying potential
issues. As part of Paycom's Internal Audit Department, the Sr
Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and completing
internal audits, as part of the internal audit plan. This
responsibility includes working with auditees to identify key
business risks, developing internal audit project scope and work
programs, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing
internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work
performed. The Sr Internal Auditor may direct and review the work
performed by other internal audit personnel. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively participate on and at times lead internal audit teams
responsible for the planning, execution, and reporting results of
financial, compliance, operational, and strategic internal audits.
- Analyzing processes and controls
- Identifying improvement opportunities
- Preparing and reviewing work papers
- Developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls,
improve business processes, and verify that proper internal control
safeguards are in place
- Preparing reports to communicate the results and
recommendations to management
- Identifying high risk areas and communicating to the Internal
- Presenting results to management
- Assisting with the evaluation of the design and operating
effectiveness of the Company's internal controls over financial
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction
and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal
audit project team members
- Participates in consultative assessments and special projects
- May participate in or lead internal audits or special projects
conducted by outside consultants.
- Provides input and assists the Internal Audit Director with
planning and organizing department activities, risk assessment, and
annual internal audit plan.
- Resolves issues with management and follow up on action plans
- Develops positive working relationships throughout the
- Develops understanding and knowledge of the industry and Paycom
to help identify risks and opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Internal Audit Director.
- Bachelor's degree Experience:
- 3+ years of internal audit experience and/or industry
experience with knowledge of accounting, finance, and internal
control areas. Public accounting and/or internal audit experience
- Thorough knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques of
internal auditing, accounting, and operations. PREFERRED
- Bachelor's degree in Business with a concentration in
Accounting or Finance
- Professional certifications consummate with an audit background
(i.e. CPA, CIA, etc.) or willingness to work toward certification.
- Ability to understand the business risks that Paycom faces and
develop internal audit strategies to address the risks.
- Work in a professional team atmosphere that focuses on
collaboration, accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong business judgment and the highest level of
- Ability to work with a high potential internal audit group in a
team-oriented environment and also individually.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously
build knowledge and skills; Shares experiences with others.
- Ability to work in high pressure domestic environments.
- Ability to skillfully manage potentially contentious
- Experience in business and accounting/control practices and IT
- Understanding of internal controls and control frameworks.
- Ability to identify underlying cause of issues.
- Ability to develop and mentor staff.
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic -
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Action orientated and results focused.
- Advance multiple activities concurrently and be flexible.
- Strong time management, organizational, and project management
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances,
information, and challenges.
- Manage highly confidential information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products. Paycom is an equal
opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of
business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and
merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job.
Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass,
discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants
because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status,
age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic,
reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all
aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not
limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation
benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources
Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains
reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns
should be referred to the Human Resources Department. ****To learn
more about Paycom's affirmative action policy, equal employment
opportunity, or to request an accommodation - Click on the link to
find more information: paycom.com/careers/eeoc
Keywords: Paycom Careers, Moore , Team Leader of Internal Audit, Sr Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Newcastle, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!