New Graduate Nurse Resident - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Full Time
Company: Norman Regional Health System
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Overview: Norman Regional Hospital ICU cares for a wide variety
of critical patients with complex medical conditions. NRHS ICU team
works in collaboration with the dedicated stroke unit to provide
award winning advanced stroke care. An ICU RN is highly skilled to
rapidly assess a patient's condition and intervene with immediate
attention as needed. Daily care and responsibilities may include
managing various life-support systems including ventilation, heart
monitoring, and lifesaving medications. The ICU RN should show
respect, empathy, and exhibit strong communication skills with
patients, families, and other health care professionals. The RN
should understand and employ patient safety and harm prevention
- Upon completion of an accredited nursing program and under the
direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, provides general nursing
care and coordinates patient care for adolescent through geriatric
- Patient population includes those who are positive for
COVID-19. Qualifications: Education
- Provide documentation of completion of a program of registered
nursing and eligibility to write the licensure examination in
- The graduate may continue to be employed in a Nurse Resident
role until licensed, provided that the first licensure examination
is taken within 90 days after graduation and the examination is
passed within 6 months of graduation, on either the first or the
- If the examination is failed after the second attempt, the
Nurse Resident can no longer remain in the Nurse Resident position.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training or re-training is required
during orientation prior to providing patient care.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) is required to be maintained
thru re-training for duration of employment.
- Complete the 1yr Vizient Nurse Residency Program. Compensation
- Shift differential available: $2.50/hour for evenings,
$3.00/hour for overnight, $3.00/hour for weekends.
- $20/hr Flat Rate
Keywords: Norman Regional Health System, Moore , New Graduate Nurse Resident - Intensive Care Unit (ICU) - Full Time, Healthcare , Blanchard, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!